If I ask 100 people where they were on April 15th 1964, most wouldn’t be able to tell you with certainty. But for Gail Wise, this wouldn’t be the case. It was on that day Gail took possession of Ford’s first publicly sold Mustang from Johnson Ford in Chicago. And this just 2 days before the now 56 year old car model to the public at The World’s Fair in New York. Since then the car has seen a facelift, nip tuck and full restoration, not to mention been photographed probably more than any other 64.5 mustang. Here to share their journey into ownership are Gail and Tom Wise.
Gail and Tom Wise, The original, original Mustang owners.
Questions we detail on this episode:
- Did you know you were going to be a rock star?
- Take us back to April 15th 1964 Gail
- Tom, what came first, the love for Gail or a love for the Mustang?
- Does she let you drive it Tom?
- Looking at the pre-restoration pictures, you had some work to do
- Tell me about the place the car takes in your family
- Any close calls to getting rid of her?
- When did you realize she was the first Mustang sold?
- Now I know you have probably had a meal with major players in the world of Mustang, but I am throwing a virtual dinner party and you can invite 5 people to dinner that have made an impact or have influenced your life or just because you think they are cool, who do you invite
- What comes next for you both?
Have an idea for the show or think you’d make a great guest, send an email to the host:
Get our episodes in your inbox follow the link in the show notes: http://www.TheMustangPodcast.com
If you are a buyer looking for a dream car or a seller that has a classic pony for sale head over to http://www.TheMustangPodcast.com/marketplace and share your dream, we will match buyers and sellers.
Thanks for listening, keep it safe, keep in rollin’ and keep it on the road! Until next time.