Ford Mustang community — Let me share some of the accolades of today’s guest Mike Rey. Not only does Mike work as the National Director of Marketing and Sales for Ford’s Treasured Collectibles Official Archives Collection, he manages operations of the largest international regional Mustang club. Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan (MOCSEM) Mike created marketing and membership incentive programs that tripled membership within five years. And he has been president of that club for over 14 years. Mike also expanded marketing of the club’s annual car show making it the 2nd largest one day all-Ford show in the world. In addition Mike Rey was on the launch team with Ford for the 2015 Mustang and GT350.
Mike Rey’s answers to our interview Q&A
- Do you own an early year Mustang? I own a 1993 Mustang GT Convertible and a 2005 Mustang GT
- What do you do for a living and is it related to classic cars or Mustangs? I have been the President of the Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan aka MOCSEM for the last 15 years, was on the launch team with Ford for the 2015 Mustang and GT350, worked 4 years with Roush, 1 year with Saleen and currently working on a special project with Ford.
- Is there anything specific you would like to share on the show? If you are in the classic car business (selling, repairing, restoring, products or services provided to owners) what can we promote on the show to our community of Mustang owners? I can share experiences from each facet of my career so far.
- If you own a Mustang or classic car, have you named your car? My 93 is “RareFox” and my 05 is “1Badd05”
- How long have you owned your classic ride? Bought my 93 in 2010 and my 2005 brand new.
- If you’ve made improvements to your classic car or restored it, what work have you done? Too much to list on the 05, 93 is all stock.
- Do you work on your classic cars yourself or do you have a mechanic or shop do the work? Depends on what it is.
- What plans do you have for improvements/restoration/modification of your classic car? None at moment
- If you are on social media, please share your social media names/handles so we can tag you when promoting your episode. Mike Rey, MOCSEM Owners on FB.
Reach out to Mike directly if site is not “live”
Have an idea for the show or think you’d make a great guest, send an email to the host:
Thanks for listening, keep it safe, keep in rollin’ and keep it on the road! Until next time.