From rusty to remarkable: Follow self-taught mechanic Amanda Tugwell’s thrilling journey as she resurrects her ’68 coupe, defies expectations, and inspires a community of car enthusiasts to conquer their own restoration dreams.
Rebuilding vs. Replacing
Navigating the fine line between replacing and rebuilding parts of a classic car is just another aspect of the restoration process. Some may choose to replace to ensure longevity and better performance. Others prefer to rebuild in order to preserve the historical authenticity of their vehicles. Both approaches offer their unique pros and cons. In Amanda’s case, she employed a combination of both methods. After some trial and error, she wound up replacing the power steering pump and brake cylinder, opting for shiny new parts instead. At the same time, she was keen on restoring original parts whenever feasible, creating a blend of old and new that added a unique touch to her Mustang.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover the inspiring car restoration journey of Amanda Tugwell and gain insights into her DIY techniques and experiences.
- Learn from a self-taught mechanic as they share their invaluable tips and tricks for successfully restoring cars on your own.
- Explore the world of sponsorship and brand partnerships in the car restoration community and learn how you can leverage these opportunities for your own projects.
- Overcome the challenges that come with car restoration by learning from experienced enthusiasts who have faced and conquered them.
- Dive into the world of building a YouTube car community and discover how you can connect with like-minded individuals and share your restoration journey with a wider audience.
“Start small and build up your skills. With each project, your confidence will grow and you’ll be able to take on bigger challenges.” – Amanda Tugwell
My special guest is Amanda Tugwell
Amanda Tugwell is a car enthusiast and seasoned DIY car restoration expert. For the past three years, she has been diligently working on restoring her 1968 Mustang coupe. Starting with small projects, Amanda gradually took on more challenging repairs, including welding and tube bending. Her dedication to preserving the originality of her car is evident in her meticulous approach to each restoration task. With a focus on quality craftsmanship, Amanda has become a trusted source of knowledge and inspiration in the car restoration community. Follow her Instagram account @amandatugwell to witness her restoration progress and gain valuable insights for your own DIY car restoration projects. Amanda’s expertise and passion for car restoration make her a valuable resource for anyone looking to embark on their own restoration journey.
Cover art photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/amandajtugwell/
The Mustang Marketplace
The Facebook Group
An Expert’s Guide to Maintaining Your Classic Mustang
Sponsored by: National Parts Depot
With 4 warehouses nationwide, you’ll get your parts fast!
Keep it safe, keep it rollin’ and keep it on the road. Until next time!